"Marc has an innate ability to positively influence city goals by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. He has a public service record and background that includes: recreation, small business, public transportation, affordable housing, homelessness and economic development and community building through principled fitness and healthy lifestyle choice and sustainable city building expertise." [Citizens to Elect Marc Woodard]
There are an endless number of issues that our community faces. And, how we decide to tackle them as a community is incredibly important. Traffic congestion, public safety, social equality and justice; systemic racism within institutional programs and services, affordable housing, public transportation and the economy are certainly at the top of the list; however, there are plenty of other issues that families and neighborhoods face on a daily basis that also need to be addressed.
Solutions don’t' come easy. By listening and talking about ideas big steps toward finding solutions and common ground can be made. It's how we can ensure our community is better off for everyone. If we work together it will happen.
• City performance audits and business-like results before taxation.
• Keeping Tigard sustainable and affordable for residents and business.
• Metro’s 2040 Transportation, “Get Moving Plan,” which includes our City’s 2018 Memorandum of Understanding with TriMet; that project funds are provided to relieve congestion. And taxpayer matching fund burden is fairly shared by all who benefit.
• Formation of public advisory committee to identify and end institutional processes deemed racist. Resulting in equitable services and treatment for everyone.
• Tigard Police Officers, public safety and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Marc Has the Right "Community Building Leadership Skills and Experience" for Tigard.
"He has an innate ability to positively influence city goals that bring community together. His inclusive community engagement and outreach leadership style is needed now more than ever."
Marland Henderson, Former Tigard Councilor
"I knew Marc when I was the planning commission chair; and served with him for two years on city council. As I've observed multiple times and is obvious to anyone who knows him, he cares deeply about the city he grew up in and is very passionate about the place he calls home. I have no doubt, if Marc is elected back to council, he'll continue to do the peoples work with their best interests at heart."